domingo, marzo 04, 2018

FROM JAPAN: TRAVELER'S FACTORY

The last November my friend invited me to an event in Ace Hotel in Manhattan, there was a Japanese collective who have a company called Traveler’s Company. They were there to do a workshop with their product Traveler’s Notebook. Meet to them there was a great surprise to me because I am a producer and editor of fanzines, magazines and books and long time ago, when I started to do my first fanzines and magazines, I dreamed with my own publishing house where the people could buy my fanzines, magazines, and books and also they could make their own fanzines or books with the material that the company offered to them. In my dream, everything would be handmade and the work process inside the editorial would be horizontal. Unfortunately, sometimes the life shows you that your dreams couldn’t be real due the life itself. But, I was so happy in that workshop looking how my dream became real through other people from the opposite side of the world -regardless their project is too Hipster to me. Due to my special relationship with the Japanese culture, I checked that it project went far from just made notebooks and books, they developed all kind of accessories in order to decorate and personalize the traveler notebook. The experience with Traveler’s Company from Japan was fantastic and totally amazing. I am very grateful to my friend for taking me there. 



A promotional newspaper and a little fanzine from TF that I took in their workshop in Ace Hotel.


Different kind of papers offered by TF in the Ace Hotel workshop


A table in the Ace Hotel lobby with Different kind of papers offered by TF in the Ace Hotel workshop


Travel notebook offered by TF in Ace Hotel workshop


Travel notebook offered by TF in Ace Hotel workshop


By 
Marcelo Arroyave

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Recibimos todo tipo de comentarios, pero agradecemos que sean críticos y propositivos, ya que esto nos ayuda a mejorar y tener siempre los pies sobre la tierra.